KUNIBERG BERUFSKOLLEG (Kuniberg Vocational College) aims to impart a broad education in the field of business and administration to youths and young adults.
As an accredited “Europaschule”, we espouse a European dimension in education and value foreign languages highly in order to prepare our students for living and working in a united Europe.
The college offers students with different entry qualifications and divergent abilities a wide range of courses to suit their vocational and academic aspirations and interests.
Table of English Contents
“Fitness for the modern workplace” is the spirit in which the vocational college system operates. To embark on a successful career, students need to keep pace with developments in the workplace. Through a good command of foreign languages and advanced competence in handling information technology and the media, we aim to help our students deal with the challenges of intercultural communication in the “global village”.
In order to prepare them for today’s varied and often unpredictable career paths we are also committed to teaching transversal skills such as the ability to learn. At the same time, our students should be able to successfully integrate career advancement with their personal development. That is why we lay great emphasis on a positive school climate, too, based on mutual respect and intensive and open-minded communication between all parties involved.
Environmental protection and sustainability is the third pillar on which education and vocational training at KBK is based.
At present, KBK has approximately 2,600 students. They attend 17 part-time courses and five full-time courses. The teaching staff includes roughly 110 full-time and part-time teachers (supplemented by six to eight trainee teachers and some interns).
Feel free to browse our website for more information on our courses and projects. For further questions, please contact us at
Entry requirements (depending on the course):
- “Hauptschulabschluss”—successful completion of a junior high school
- “Fachoberschulreife” (FOR)—eligibility to attend a college of further education
- “Fachoberschulreife mit Qualifikationsvermerk” (FOR-Q)—eligibility to attend a three-year course leading to university entrance qualifications
Job-related (vocational) qualifications
- general job-related skills („Berufliche Kenntnisse“)
- advanced job-related skills (“Erweiterte berufliche Kentnisse”)
- state-approved vocational qualification (“Berufsabschluss nach Landesrecht”)
- standard German job qualifications awarded by the “dual system” (“Berufsabschluss”)—country-wide central exams administered by different Chambers (e.g. of Commerce and Industry)
- “Fachoberschulreife”—eligibility to attend a vocational college
- “Fachhochschulreife”—eligibility to attend a university of applied science.
- “allgemeine Hochschulreife”—eligibility to attend a university